DUBLIN, October 31, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The “Rat Model Market Size, Share and Trend Analysis Report by Type (Inbred, Knockout), By Technology (Embryonic Stem Cells, Microinjection), By Service, By Application, By End Use , by region and segment forecast, 2023-2030 » the report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Global rat model market size expected to reach $2.41 billion by 2030., increasing at a CAGR of 7.06% from 2023 to 2030. Genetically modified organisms are widely used in research to identify potential therapeutic targets and further validate them. Extensive healthcare-based research has driven the market for understanding human genetic diseases and illnesses.
During the COVID-19 outbreak, researchers have focused on understanding the pathogenesis and transmission of SARS-CoV2 virus using the readily available animal model in addition to in vitro and ex vivo culture systems. These models have also helped in the evaluation of vaccines and antivirals for treatment. Companies creating transgenic animals took advantage of this ideal opportunity to provide the scientific community with genetically modified rats to evaluate the entry of SARS-Cov2. For example, in 2020, Envigo created the hACE2 knockinrat model using CRISPR-based technology. ACE2, serving as the primary receptor, facilitates entry of the SARS-CoV2 virus and is being studied as a potential preventive target.
Animal models remain important tools for preclinical testing of potential treatments and understanding pathological mechanisms. Increasing research expenditure and increasing number of clinical trials are the major factors contributing to the market growth. The increasing incidence of genetic diseases globally and the increasing use of animal species to advance various breakthrough therapies are expected to further drive the market growth. Following the completion of the Human Genome Project in 2003, clear advances have been made in synthetic and molecular biology to understand the genetic basis of diseases. These advanced technologies and products have also facilitated the creation of genetically modified (GEM) rat models, in which different types such as knockout, outbred, inbred and conditioned are now available in the market.
The market is expected to observe direct competition from the mouse/mouse model. Mouse models have long been preferred due to their small size and offer economical and more established choices for early-stage discovery and research. However, the extensive use of gene editing tools in rats and the similarity of rat and human genomes make the rat model suitable for genetic manipulation and conducting experiments, thus fueling the expansion of the market.
Highlights of Rat Model Market Report
- By type, outbred rats held the largest share in 2022. This is due to the physiological similarity of genetic changes in outbred rats and humans, attributing them to a disease phenotype.
- By technology, other technologies (CRISPR/Cas, ZFN, etc.) accounted for the largest share in 2022. The advent of genome editing tools has led to the creation of personalized rat models based on the search application, thereby contributing to the market demand.
- By service, the breeding segment dominated the market in 2022. This is due to the high demand for several rat models during experiments to evaluate genetic variations within a population pool.
- By application, in 2022, toxicology held the largest share. Due to the demand for drugs and therapeutics, toxicological studies in rats provide the opportunity to analyze various factors such as dosage and route of administration during preclinical stages.
- In terms of end use, contract research organizations held the largest share in 2022. Robust R&D environments and multiple drug discovery programs and clinical trials are fueling the growth of the segment. These activities use a large number of rat models to mimic the human response during any treatment.
- North America held the largest share of revenue in 2022. The increasing prevalence of diseases in this region, coupled with the attention given by health agencies to this subject, has resulted in multiple funding from academic institutes to facilitate rat research .
Key topics covered:
Chapter 1. Methodology and scope
Chapter 2. Summary
Chapter 3. Rat Model Market Variables, Trends and Scope
3.1. Market lineage outlook
3.1.1. Parent market outlook
3.1.2. Related/Ancillary Market Outlook
3.2. Mapping penetration and growth prospects
3.3. Market dynamics
3.3.1. Market Driver Analysis
3.3.2. Analysis of market constraints
3.4. Rat Model Market Analysis Tools
Chapter 4. Rat model: type estimates and trend analysis
Chapter 5. Rat Model: Technology Estimates and Trend Analysis
Chapter 6. Rat Model: Service Estimates and Trend Analysis
Chapter 7. Rat Model: Application Estimates and Trend Analysis
Chapter 8. Rat Model: End-Use Estimates and Trend Analysis
Chapter 9. Rat Model Market: Regional Estimates and Trend Analysis
Chapter 10. Competitive Landscape
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/navcpj
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source of market research reports and international market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, largest companies, new products and latest trends.
Research and markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For the United States and Canada, call toll-free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
Fax in the United States: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the United States): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets