The USAID-funded no-revenue water management project implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (International development jobs – Tetra Tech), is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an Institutional Support Advisor (ISA) position. This is a full-time position that will be based in Hebron, West Bank.
Job Description : The objective of this project is to improve Palestinian access to safe, reliable, sustainable and climate-resilient water services through: 1) developing and strengthening the institutional capacity of public water services Hebron, Halhul and Dura for sustainable, reliable water services and climate-resilient water distribution service; 2) implementation of strategic infrastructure works to support the objective of the activity; 3) design and implementation of innovative solutions to expand the use of smart water management technologies for efficient, timely and transparent water management; and 4) the design and implementation of innovative measures and public awareness campaigns to promote effective water governance within the public service and foster a change in social behavior towards usage practices and trends water more efficient and more responsible. The Institutional Support Advisor will lead the capacity building of target water utilities and the formulation of their institutional development plans. The ISA will work closely with technical and administrative staff to ensure integration of technical areas and collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
* Supervises technical staff.
* Leads the development and implementation of the institutional development plan of each water utility.
* Provides guidance and vision to ensure that capacity building efforts contribute to better water governance.
* Leads institutional and human capacity development interventions, including assessments, trainings and the development and implementation of capacity building programs, as well as policies, plans and software development.
* Oversee the daily implementation of capacity building activities in close collaboration with water utilities.
* Coordinates the efforts of all subject matter experts and ensures consistency and complementarity of all capacity building efforts within the work order.
* Be present at the site of the order (West Bank) full-time from the date of execution of the contract, or no later than 21 days thereafter, and during the entire period of execution.
* Bachelor’s degree in water resources management, engineering or other related disciplines. A master’s degree is preferred but not required.
* Must have at least ten (10) years of professional experience in water resources management in developing countries.
* Must have at least four (4) years of demonstrated experience working on institutional strengthening projects for water utilities and service providers in developing countries, of a size and scope similar to those of the work order.
How to register
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover letter
Please indicate where you saw the Tetra Tech IDS advertisement published.
Please ensure that only the requested documents listed above are submitted. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to preserving technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisors work closely with our staff and partners to share international standards and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the most vulnerable groups. most marginalized in the world. Tetra Tech International Development is particularly interested in candidates who can contribute to our diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives which aim to increase inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging for all of our staff, regardless of or his journey.
We are committed to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech Disability Support Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruiting team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a multi-billion dollar global company with local, customer-focused delivery in more than 550 locations worldwide. Our reputation is built on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees: 27,000 associates working together to deliver intelligent, scalable solutions for ambitious projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities, and Veterans Affairs employer.